[RP TownTalk] Emily et al Riverdale Stories!

Iris McLaurin elsiegoh at rcn.com
Wed Apr 25 15:13:42 UTC 2007

Emily, Sue, Nancy, Gerald (and others)

I have so enjoyed your Riverdale Park train stories.  I am under a very
tight project deadline  this week (was hanging out Friday and Saturday with
my dance partner Emily at the 1800s Regency Ladies House Party at
Riversdale!!), so when I get the TownTalk, since I only have a few minutes,
I immediately scan for the articles with train nostalgia.  Immediately, I
find peace and tranquility.   I just love those stories!  I grew up near a
train track, too, in North Carolina.  As Gerald said, "Thanks Emily [and
others]. It's thoughts and memories like these that give meaning and
character to our little town of Riverdale Park."

We must collect them and publish our own little book of your thoughts about
train history in Riverdale Park, um, call it Train of Thought, And other
Riverdale Stories.  Ok, kidding about the book name, but not about the idea.
(Self-publish or do we have an publishing company representatives,
developmental editors, acquisition editors in our beloved Riverdale Park who
could get it signed by a company?) What say ye?

Iris