[RP TownTalk] trains, animals, and other memories

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 11:05:19 UTC 2007

OurDollMom, you're right; there's "tradeoffs" no
matter where you live.  As for encroaching on animals'
habitats, sadly, that's true, even here in town - with
all of the construction and the destruction of the
surrounding parkland, I don't see as many deer as I
used to, nor the variety of birds and butterflies as
when I moved here 20 years ago.

As far as ice cream men - ok, who else here is old
enough to remember when the Good Humor man had to get
out of his truck and get the ice cream out of the back
of the truck?  And they wore a uniform with a peaked
cap?  When I was a kid we lived in East Pines, and we
had a Good Humor man named Johnny - I think he'd been
the ice cream man for something like 300 years!