[RP TownTalk] Traffic

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 12:56:44 UTC 2007

We get a lot of traffic on Lafayette and Ravenswood,
and I agree, they NEVER seem to stop or even slow down
at stop signs.  And as it's really bad at rush hour, I
would imagine a lot of the traffic is not local
residents, just people trying to avoid traffic on EW
Highway.  There's probably no way we can realistically
block off the whole town to anything but local
traffic, but it sure would be nice, wouldn't it?  No
easy answers as to how to get people to obey the stop
signs I guess; too many people seem to believe that
rules "are for everyone but me."  But I worry, as
there's so many kids living in town, that someone
might get hit by one of these careless drivers.