[RP TownTalk] fiber optic service is coming

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Mon Aug 13 12:30:56 UTC 2007

> Does this mean everyone in town can get FIOS now? Or only 75% of us?
>
> -Fellow Nerd

Dear FN,

I have redacted your name so that others will not know you are a
hopeless nerd.  Though, to be honest, those pictures of you at the
Renaissance Fair on Flickr were a dead giveaway.  Also you might want
to remove some identifying details from the video tour of your action
figure collection on YouTube.

On to your question.  I've plugged in phone numbers from all over town
into the Verizon FIOS page, and it seems like nobody can get the
service yet.  However, they do seem to be 75% done with the cabling.
I believe they are required by the cable franchise agreement  to serve
all of the households in town.