[RP TownTalk] re traffic....

David Michailof drmsparks at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 01:00:33 UTC 2007

I live over in the forgotten section of riverdale park
(NE corner of rt 1 and E-W highway)  Our streets lead
nowhere, every street is a dead end and less than
three blocks long.

People still race through the stop signs and screech
around the corners.

I have seen the enemy and it is us.  We need to stop
blaming all the problems on commuters and start
looking in the mirror.

The only way to stop this behavior is to have some
police officers dedicated to traffic enforcement and
traffic enforcement only.  Write tickets like there is
no tomorrow!  Not only will the bad traffic behavior
stop but criminals of all sorts will start to avoid
the town like the plaque....The University park rt1
left turn lane patrols come to mind, it's great
watching them at work.

Oh. Wait a minute, didn't we spend the first half of
the year complaining that we didn't want to pay any
taxes?  Too bad services aren't free.

Dave