[RP TownTalk] Red Light Cameras

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:29:39 UTC 2007

Dear friends and neighbors,

Just a couple of notes on traffic cameras:

1. There are no "red light" cameras currently in operation in town and there
is no active proposal before the town to install such cameras.

2. Currently the state is not encouraging such cameras and the trend seems
to be away from them.  One result of this is we are getting no proposals
from vendors to install them. We are waiting and watching at this time.

3. The cameras you see at state highway intersections are for traffic
control/light timing.

Best wishes,

Vern

--