[RP TownTalk] traffic alterations

Marc Molino mmolino54 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 30 12:03:57 UTC 2007

I'm not sure what the ultimate impact of this will be, but the DO NOT ENTER
signs in front of the fire station on Queensbury road have been changed to
now be effective 24 hours per day (instead of just a few hours in the
morning). I'm not sure I would have even noticed this if my neighbor hadn't
pointed it out. I'm sure a friendly police officer would have been kind
enough to alert me to it at some point.

I'm quite curious to see what kind of impact this will have. In the short
term, I would think it might make things worse as it will 'cause more people
who want to cross the railroad tracks heading west to have to make a left
turn at Lafayette and Queensbury, and those looking to head north on
Lafayette under the E/W Highway overpass will now also have to cross through
that intersection. Not knowing much about traffic patterns and the
behavioral tendencies of drivers, I haven't a clue what it will mean
longterm wise.

Does anyone know how this change came about? Was it designed mainly to allow
more freedom for RP's emergency vehicles or was it also designed to
decrease/slow down traffice cutting through our town?

-Marc Molino