[RP TownTalk] Solar/Advertisements/Dogs

Nancy Mooney nbmooney1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 12:53:49 UTC 2007

Howdy Neighbors:

I would like to chime in that I do not appreciate getting advertisements on this list serve.  If everyone on this list advertised their kids recitals, car washes, bake sales, candy sales, etc. etc. it would be packed.  There are many ways to find out what is going on.  I don't believe that advertising yoga classes is the purpose of this forum.

I read a blurb somewhere,  I think in Smithsonian, that solar panels are a very highly polluting industry. Does anyone know about that?  I'd love to use solar for my water heater!  But when I read that it gave me pause.  Perhaps in the long run, the reduction in pollution caused by the production of energy is less than the pollution caused by the manufacture of the solar panel?  I don't know....perhaps I just need to take cold showers - YIKES!!  I'm curious about what other's know about this.

If someone signs an agreement that, once they adopt a dog they won't give it to another person but will instead return it, isn't that a binding agreement?  Does anyone know the purpose of that clause?  It doesn't seem reasonable at first glance.  I know that, years ago when I worked for th SPCA we checked out homes before allowing them to adopt a dog.  Perhaps this is the county's way of trying to be sure the dog doesn't get passed on to an unsuitable person?  Didn't a celeb get into trouble recently over this issue?  All that said, best of luck with the dog.  I know when I was fostering a kitten in October, I had to keep believing that the right home was out there for it, somewhere.  Took much longer than I ever wanted it to.  But it did work out eventually.  I know it will for this pooch, too.

Let it snow let it snow let it snow!!

Nancy Mooney