[RP TownTalk] Fwd: [hyattsville] Notice of 12/05/07 Community Meeting Can...

Nina Faye ns_faye at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 20:50:13 UTC 2007

Those of us who have lived in more midwestern and northern climes are accustomed to schools, meetings, etc. being closed only when there is serious glare ice or a foot or so of snow.  Is it dangerous around here sometimes with small amounts?  Yes, it is, but only because of the huge number of people who do not know how to drive in bad weather.  I might add that I have never had 4-wheel drive, even when we lived on a gravel road and had multiple storms a winter of 6-12 inches.  But more to the point--lighten up and get a sense of humor.  We could also have all walked to the meeting; it would be safer walking to Hyattsville City Hall than to the Metro.  Nina

JayRite at aol.com wrote:        What exactly is THAT supposed to mean?
  That we should throw caution into the wind to attend a "safety" meeting, of all things? Shame on you.

  Jay