[RP TownTalk] Things we like

Nancy Mooney nbmooney1 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 13:31:46 UTC 2007

I also like the diversity of people, though it is sometimes difficult by its very nature. I love that I live next to great people who came here from Mexico, worked hard, bought houses that they take care of, and have become citizens.  One of the women is more recently arrived and speaks only some English.  I love that I have a chance to try to communicate with her and be a good neighbor to her when I can.

I love that we have so many people working so hard to make our community better.  Being very involved with my church community and having been sick or caring for a terminally ill person this year, I don't have that extra energy. I'm so thankful for our mayor and council people.  THANK YOU!!!

The funny thing is, I once had a dream that a vacant lot had been filled with porta potties.  "This is not the direction we want Riverdale Park to go in" I kept thinking, in panic, in the dream.  "I need to start going to those meetings!!" I repeated over and over.  This was several months ago, long before this discussion.  I'm still waiting for my energy level to carry me through to the evenings so that I can attend.  Again, I'm so thankful for those that do.

I'm thankful for this list.  When I had that little kitten, Roland really came to my rescue.  He IS nurturing and caring!  He even delivered a helpful package to my door at midnight!  I would never have been able to care for that kitten if it wasn't for Roland's help, answering a million questions and bringing over supplies.

What a fun morning reading all this lively discussion!  I would love to be a part of the solution with the trash, though I don't see it as often as Bruce does.  I was thinking of a sign we could post 'tu basura es no me basura' , a take on 'my house is your house'.  (Your trash is not my trash).  And of course and English equivalent (the Spanish is not a slur, people, but the people that walk by my house and litter and Spanish speaking).  I was wondering how we reach the kids through the school.

Nancy