[RP TownTalk] more Camden line?

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 03:55:39 UTC 2007

Nancy, I've no idea about any history on that -- maybe Chris Davis can fill
us in?

Given there are only 6 trains in the peak direction, morning and evening,
I'd be amazed if they gave up either of the 2 express trains (I can imagine
riders from Baltimore getting pretty irate if they did).

The new plans recently announced have new rush hour trains being added in
2015.  I've copied the details announced here on the Wiki:
http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/page/O%27Malley+wants+MARC+to+grow

Other than that I would think they only basis for lobbying for additional
Riverdale stops would be if EYA and Cafritz developments greatly increase
demand from our end.  Even then, I'd guess this is an uphill battle.
O'Malley's proposals seem pretty ambitious in this day and age of structural
deficits and ongoing bias towards roads rather than mass transit.

An 8:20 stop would be wonderful, though -- no doubt about it.

--
"A budget is a moral document." --Jim Wallis
"Don't tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I'll tell you what