[RP TownTalk] Families in Need

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 16:32:04 UTC 2007

Thank you to everyone who made a contribution in the last week, but as I
mentioned the need this year is immense.  So, I am asking people again to
consider making a contribution to help support a neighbor in our community.
The town has received fewer donations this year, so anything you could do to
help would be greatly appreciated.

Town staff will be dropping off food and other items after 3pm Friday,
December 21st.  Town offices are closed on December 24th.  Donations after
this time can be dropped off directly to the Christian Life Center at
5600 Taylor Rd (the town is working in conjunction with the center) or call
Colleen Ferguson (Town's code enforcement director) and she will gladly
arrange for your items to be picked up.  Her cell number is 240-508-8460.

What is needed?
>From what I understand, while presents are always appreciated, boxed and
canned food is desperately needed.  Gently used items are also appreciated.

More about the families adopted by the town?
The town staff adopted three families this year.  Here is more about them if
you would like to assist them directly.

*A family whose 3yr old son has cerebral palsy is overwhelmed with bills
associated with his care even though they have health insurance.  Recently,
he had to be rushed to Johns Hopkins by helicopter.
*A family with three kids.  Both parents are now working, but they are still
trying to catch up from the loss of a job last year.
*A single mom with two girls age 16 and 4 whose apartment was burned in an
electrical fire just two months ago.  They lost everything and need to
replace everything from furniture to clothes.
Please contact Colleen directly if you would like to specifically help these
families 240-508-8460 (cell).

The Christain Life Center, who also serves the community, will be handing
out food baskets and other gifts.  For those, who are not familiar with the
Center, all of their community work is done in a non-denominational way.

Thank you for everything and have a wonderful Christmas.
--
Dannielle Glaros