[RP TownTalk] Petes Bldg

OurDollMom at aol.com OurDollMom at aol.com
Sat Feb 10 13:33:22 UTC 2007

Yeah Gerald King.   You said it so much better
than I did - BUT that is exactly what I was thinking.

To Pete at Dumms - I am not against your bldg. I am
against the height.  But if that absolutely cant be
changed - ----

You are sitting in the middle of our historic district.
You are the same block as our mansion - in fact on
both sides of the street.  And while I love you, eat
your food, my husband uses your services also - and
feel YOU ARE IMPORTANT & want you to stay - YOU ARE
A PART OF US ---

I feel there must be respect for our historic district, care
for our historic district and your bldg should reflect this.

The money you placed into the nice face of the current
plans - use that same money and change the face into
something that compliments the mansion, compliments
our history - AND WOULD MAKE US WHO VALUE OUR
HISTORY & HISTORIC DISTRICT - RUN RIGHT UP TO
YOU AND HUG YOU.  WOULDN'T THAT FEEL MUCH
BETTER?????

Tell the people designing our bldg face - you did a good
job BUT YOU DID NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE
MANSION YOU ARE COMPLIMENTING OR THE FACT
THE BLDG IS PLUNKED IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR
HISTORIC DISTRICT.  GO BACK TO THE DRAWING
BOARD, LOOK AT HISTORIC BLDG FACING & COME
UP WITH SOMETHING REFLECTING YOU CARE
ABOUT OUR HISTORY AND PRESENTATION.

I THINK WHEN DEVELOPERS/DESIGNERS/ARCHITECTS
WANT TO COME INTO A LITTLE TOWN OR ANY PROJECT -
THEY SHOULD BE EDUCATED ENOUGH IN HISTORICAL
DESIGN FACING TO PUT FORTH THE PROPER EFFORT
TO START WITH SO WE DONT HAVE ALL THESE UPSETS
& MISERY.

And you should not have to pay twice for the
design.

AND I STILL LOVE YOU - PETE.   LET'S WORK TOGETHER.

EMILY