[RP TownTalk] Question on street clearing

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 06:38:01 UTC 2007

well, the good news was that within an hour of my post (or Jay's
wakeup call post) they were shoveling the sidewalks on Lafayette &
Queensbury around Dumm's.

more partial good news was that this afternoon around 1:30 i drove up
Riverdale Rd. past the school and saw that the sidewalk alongside the
park had indeed been cleared -- a fairly narrow path, but it had been
cleared.

the bad news was that the effort stopped shy of the bridge.  neither
side of the bridge had been cleared! what a wonderful place to force
pedestrians into the street. needless to say, there is a lot of foot
traffic along there and i had to slow down to almost a stop to allow a
group of pedestrians to clear the bridge and then step out of the road
and up to the sidewalk where it had been cleared.

on the subject of snow removal:
Does  the town's public works plow the parking lanes of our streets?
do they only not do it if there are cars parked there? why aren't the
cars left on the street towed or at least ticketed (perhaps it's
difficult to tow given the conditions right now)?

our block of Riverdale Rd. (between Lafayette and 48th) has not had
the parking lane plowed. there are a couple of cars left out on the
street -- that's what got me to thinking.  normally i would have
shoveled in front of our place, but it's solid ice now.

--
"Donna the Buffalo are like Dylan meets the Wailers via Louisiana and
Appalachia."