[RP TownTalk] Snow and ice - something nice!?

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 11:54:43 UTC 2007

OK, OK, we've all been doing a lot of complaining
(including me) about the ice storm.  Not to sound like
a Pollyanna, but come on, didn't we all do some fun
things over the past week?  I didn't venture out too
much for a few days, but I DID have a GREAT time
taking photos of the Riversdale mansion in the ice and
snow.  Took 'em at all different angles and all
different exposures on my older-than-dirt SLR
automatic nothing camera; hopefully they'll come out
ok!  (esp. the ones I took of the Maryland Terrapin w/
the mansion and snow in the background)  :)

And when I wasn't pretending I was Ansel Adams, I was
pretending I was Julia Child!  Snow time is a great
time to break out the cookbooks - My weekend menu
included such yummies as Martin Yans' 3 alarm
firecracker chicken in honor of Chinese New Year and
Maryland crab soup because I love it.  (I figure if
I'm storing up fat for the winter I'm about 5 years
ahead)

Last but not least, feeding the birds and watching
them was a joy; I saw many birds during the severe
weather that I don't normally see around town anymore,
and it got to where they were coming to my windows to
look for their food. Earning the trust of these wild
creatures is something special.  (and don't you wonder
how tiny birds survive in the ice and snow? I do)

Sorry for the long post, but reading some of the
e-mails about the storm, I got to thinking of all the
things I did over the past week; maybe we should all
try to keep a bit of fun in our lives to help us get
through the hard times?

Signed - I. M. Sillee