[RP TownTalk] moderator as editor

Rosalyn Prickett Rosalyn.Prickett at gallaudet.edu
Fri Feb 23 13:57:41 UTC 2007

I strongly recommend against the moderator tacking on "editing" as a
part of his/her job description. If this thought were pursued, we would
have to answer the question about how much editing would happen. What if
the editor misconstrued the meaning and intent by his/her editing? Would
there be an appeal/clarification process? We don't want to go down that
road. Part of being an editor is subjective evaluation of the writing. I
think a listserv/community bulletin board would be a dangerous place to
begin editing content. If this became the practice, I would stop
subscribing.