[RP TownTalk] Should apartments pay their fair share in taxes?

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Tue Jun 5 23:18:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:20:05 -0400, Roland Walker wrote:

>We do have such a fee.  It is $75/unit.

My understanding is that fee is for inspecting the units.
And while it is similar to what I am proposing, it is different than a
true rental license fee. (And even if it is the same thing, it is too small.)

Section 55-5 establishes a rental license fee of $100, but 55-4(c) exempts
apt buildings. "Any owner of record of a multi-family apartment house, as
defined in § H-210.0 of the Housing Code, shall be exempt from this section ..."