[RP TownTalk] Turf Field Community Meeting

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 20:56:00 UTC 2007

Dear Neighbors,

Just in case you missed the announcement in the Town Crier, I wanted
to encourage you to attend the community meeting on the Riverdale
Community Park turf field that will be held on June 13, 2007 at
7:30pm.  The meeting will be at the recreation building at the park.
The building is adjacent to the existing soccer field.

For those of you who are not familiar, money was placed in the Parks
and Recreation budget last year to construct a turf field at the
Riverdale Community Park (the park off of River Road and adjacent to
51st street).  The field would replace a very worn out football/
soccer field.  In general, the county is looking to locate a turf
field in both the northern and southern portion of the county.  This
location was chosen impart due to Dematha's interest in continuing to
practice and hold games in Riverdale Community Park.

As a resident, I know that there are a lot of soccer fans in town who
may be interested in the field.  In addition, I understand that Parks
and Recreation may make space available for local groups to store
gear in their building.  Parks and Recreation is also interested in
making other changes to the park, which may be warranted due to the
new field, including upgrading the buffer between the field and the
neighborhood, possible lighting for evening games on the new field,
moving the basketball court to a new location, updating bathrooms,
new picnic shelters, and increasing parking.

Hope to see you there next Wednesday.  Your feedback is critical to
this project.  If you have additional questions and would like to
contact me at work, please call me at 301-952-3060 or at
dmglaros at co.pg.md.us.

Dannielle
4800 Sheridan St

Dannielle Glaros