[RP TownTalk] Onslaught of Opossums in Neighborhood

Alan Thompson and Sarah Wayland twacks at his.com
Fri Jun 8 12:28:32 UTC 2007

The opossum society (I am not making this up) answers this question
on their "Frequently Asked Questions" page:

Question: Do opossums carry rabies?
Answer: Any mammal can get rabies. However, the chance of rabies in
an opossum is EXTREMELY RARE. This may have something to do with the
opossum’s low body temperature (94-97º F) making it difficult for the
virus to survive in an opossum’s body.

See it in context at http://www.opossumsocietyus.org/
frequently_asked_questions.htm#Do%20opossums%20carry%20rabies?

	Alan