[RP TownTalk] Rental options in RP

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Sat Jun 9 14:52:57 UTC 2007

Hi Mr. Yorke,

Can you tell us about your pet policy?

Thanks.

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Madison & 48th

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 8 Jun  2007 13:00:52 EDT
From: Yorkedial at aol.com
Subject: Re: [RP TownTalk]  Rental options in RP
To: medicinewoman56 at comcast.net,  towntalk at riverdale-park.org

In a message dated 6/7/2007 8:51:12 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
medicinewoman56 at comcast.net writes:

I   currently occupy one of the single family homes that are being  rented.
know that I am struggling to meet the rent (which  does not  include
utilities) now.  If my rent goes up, even a  little, I will  have to move.
Truthfully, I hope to stay in Riverdale  Park until I am need  to live at
Crescent Cities, but if I have  to  leave where I am now - I  will have to
leave RP.  Rental  costs here are keeping pace with the  region.
Unfortunately, paychecks  are not.  Let's not penalize good  citizens for
being  renters.  Hmmm?

Dear Medicinewoman56,

We have  one-and two-bedroom apartments available on Natoli Place and we pay

heat and water utilities. You pay for electricity and gas stoves. WiFi on
site.  (You do drugs, I call police. You bounce.)

One bedroom,  new w2w carpeting, newly remodeled: $875 per month
One bedroom, new  carpeting, new kitchen, new, wooden deck, $975
Two-bedroom, basement with  private entrance, new w2w carpeting,  $1,050
Two-bedroom, two  entrances including ground-level kitchen entrance, w2w,
$1,125 per  month.

Security deposits match monthly rent.

And yes, despite  the gross misinformation seemingly purposely decimated by
one former  councilperson, we pay ENORMOUS amounts of property tax -- more
than
$25,000 last year -- and a $75 per unit annual rental license. If RP   were
increase the taxes just to beef up the new budget, our  struggling,
family-run operation would suddenly be turned into as  vast wasteland of old
bricks,
new carpeting and paint, and no humans  standing (or sleeping=renting).  Sort
of
the tax version of the H  bomb.

(That said, the town's current proposed budget does not appear to  be out of
line. Reasonable economic growth must be achieved to keep  services on par
with surrounding areas. But town's folk should not  be satisfied with keeping
the
neighborhood "on par" and should seek  Cafritz-like development possibilities

throughout the town to  increase standard of living to equal similar
neighborhoods in MoCo,  Fairfax and Arlington.

Or, am I the only one sick of The Washington  Post describing the average
Prince George's community as "a modest,  blue-collar neighborhood" and
generally
being  accurate?

Jeffrey Yorke
Yorke Property Management,  Inc.
301-502-1243

Adrianne  Lefkowitz
Fundraising and Special Event Coordinator
Humane Society  of Harford County
_www.harfordshelter.org_ (http://www.harfordshelter.org/)
410  836-1090, ext 131
euniverz at aol.com

Help Zuzu, Bandit and me raise  money to help the homeless animals. Visit
_www.firstgiving.com/zuzubandit_ (http://www.firstgiving.com/zuzubandit)   and
donate as we walk in Bark in the Park II!