[RP TownTalk] Wildlife Friendly Comm.

OurDollMom at aol.com OurDollMom at aol.com
Fri Jun 15 11:30:02 UTC 2007

We also need to make our communities
wildlife friendly.  By this I mean we are
taking/using up the wildlife spaces to
live/expand for humans .  We also
need to make trails either entwined with
our hiker/biker trails or on the deeper
fringes of our trails so that the wildlife
can connect to all our parks/ponds/lakes
& beyond so our wildlife is not trapped/die
due to our expansion.  We can live together.

I was told at the Cafritz meeting that
Maryland Univ. students are working on
putting under road tunnels in for the wildlife
to cross under roads.  If we use tunnels for both
humans & wildlife to go under the roads instead
of across the roads - that would be so much
better.

While travelling up western Pa & NY I have
seen someplace tunnels under the highway
for deer and they are using them.  I cant
remember where it was tho.  I asked the locals
if the deer used them and they said yes.

emily