[RP TownTalk] What I like about Riverdale Park

Nancy Mooney nbmooney1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 13:02:40 UTC 2007

I have to chime in that I like all the aforementioned things about Riverdale Park, but also its diversity.  My next door neighbors are from Mexico and speak mostly Spanish.  But we've each made efforts to communicate and help each other.  Now we can borrow butter and eggs from each other.  I know that, in an emergency, we would watch each other's kids.  I'm very thankful for this experience. (By the way, if there is ever an award given out for immigrants who have really made it, my neighbor Minerva should get it.  She's worked very hard, now owns several houses, a business, is always working, and she and her three grown kids have all become citizens!)

I'm also thankful that there is not pressure to make your house look like everyone else's; we can be ourselves.  If we don't get to the yard right away we won't be the object of neighborhood gossip.  I wish some folks kept better care of their property but am thankful for the freedom we have.

College Park now gets it's trash collected only once a week!  Friends in other areas have to call Prince George County police if they have a problem with someone's loud music or other issue - I'm very, very  thankful for our police and public works people.

Nancy Mooney
4811 Oglethorpe - just where Rosalie's duck pond used to be - if you'd like to see the pond some day, come check out my basement or yard during a heavy rain.... : )