[RP TownTalk] suspicious incident

Alan Thompson and Sarah Wayland twacks at his.com
Sat Jun 30 13:52:26 UTC 2007

It was our turn this morning at 6 am. Doorbell rang several times,
loud knocking. In a stupor, I stumbled downstairs to find a short
african american woman wearing her hair tied up in a red scarf,
telling me a story about how her car had broken down, and she was
trying to get a cab to Camp Springs, and she'd been walking half the
night, and on and on and on. She told me another neighbor had given
her a cup of juice to help out.

I asked her to sit on my porch swing, and then called the police.
They figured she was homeless and needed money and asked her to
please leave. I felt like a jerk. But... 6 am on a Saturday
morning?!?!?!? Have these people no morals? I am *not* a morning
person, and this is  my one day to sleep in!

-Sarah