[RP TownTalk] Book swap

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 12:42:28 UTC 2007

On a website in Pennsylvania, I saw a story about a
middle school having a "book swap."  Kids bring in
used books and get a coupon for as many books as they
bring in - they can exchange the coupon for the same
number of books from someone else.  Has anyone else
heard of doing this?  I think it's a great idea!  And
wouldn't it be wonderful to expand it to the general
public?  Have people bring in books and be able to
exchange them for other books?  Maybe have a small
admission fee to benefit the school?  Don't know if
our elementary school could arrange something like
this or how much red tape would be involved, but as a
dyed-in-the-wool book freak, I can say I'd sure be
willing to donate (and take home!) books.