[RP TownTalk] Election News

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Fri Mar 9 21:06:45 UTC 2007

Here is a preliminary rundown on the May election candidates:

For Mayor, we have a rematch between Vernon Archer and Guy Tiberio.

For Ward One, we have what may appear to be a rematch but is not. It will again be Oppenheim vs. Walker, but last time it was Roland Walker and this time it is Alice Walker (Roland’s wife).

Alice Walker announced her candidacy for Ward 1 at the March 5 meeting. She is an honest and good person. Of course, I think I am the better candidate but if you do not like me or my policies then you have a good alternative in Alice.

Perhaps the biggest news from the meeting is that Gerry Kiernan announced that he would not seek re-election. He explained that his regular job is becoming more demanding and that he will be traveling a lot and thus felt that he could not continue as a councilmember.

The other races have not yet had any candidate announcements (at least none that I know about). If you are interested in running, please do. If you would like some help or information, talk to me.

Stay tuned. It is just getting started.

Rob Oppenheim

Ward One Councilman, Riverdale Park
5902 Cleveland Ave