[RP TownTalk] Electioneering on e-mail lists prohibited

Lou King lking at knob.com
Sun Mar 11 17:32:31 UTC 2007

Alan,
When the care givers get sick, the end is near. (or seems to be!)

Back in 1966 when I was stationed in Biloxi MS the state was "dry" at
list by law. In fact, sheriffs in each county would go over to LA and by
liquor stamps and use them to show that the local tax (read bribe) had
been paid.  Be assured there was a bar on every corner in Biloxi.
Because of local interest ($$$) every attempt to get the law changed
failed, but a referendum did make it on the ballet. This was a joke and
no one thought it would pass.  As things warmed up for the '66 elections
an upstart MS state Attorney General decided to help people make up
their minds how to vote be enforcing the law.  The word went out and I
helped my landlord move all the bottles from his bars to his house.

The Attorney General sent the MS State Police to check each bar, public
house, hotel etc for anything to drink other than "soda pop" and lemon
aid. All the tourist left, the hotels were empty, people were getting
mad. The the State Police raided the Governor's fund raiser and hauled
the political elite off by the bus load to be finger printed. The state
of MS was in fact (for the first time) dry from Aug until Nov when the
referendum passed.

Alan I like your style!

Lou King

PS feel free to cross post this on

Discussion about communications in Riverdale Park
<ComTalk at riverdale-park.org>
townarts at riverdale-park.org