[RP TownTalk] "Shut up," he explained.

David Hiles hilesd at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 12 02:22:29 UTC 2007

My messages to this list are being moderated because I was judged to
have violated the posting standards.
************************************

"Electioneering" seems to be construed as talking about the election,
issues, or personalities therein related, by candidates or others.

This is forbidden on TownTALK. And evidently all other town properties
or facilities if the snippet below is read as it is being applied to
TownTALK.  So, don't TALK to your fellow Town citizens about this while
moving or standing on Town-owned streets or sidewalks.  Don't TALK at
Field of Dreams, in Town Hall, the Police Building, the Public Works
Building, or the associated Town parking facility.  But it may be OK to
tell Townspeople you can TALK to them about the election if they will
let you step onto their yard or porch or meet you at S&J's.

Wow. Really?

**
The Riverdale Park Town Code says (§29-19)

"(a) It shall be unlawful for any person at or in connection with any
town election to engage in any of the following conduct:
[sections removed for brevity]
(7) To use any town property or facility in connection with any
election except as authorized by the Mayor and Council."
**