[RP TownTalk] Family Hike this Saturday

Dannielle and Steve Glaros dsglaros at verizon.net
Tue Mar 13 00:36:21 UTC 2007

Interested in getting outdoors?  Meeting other families with kids?  My
wife and I are sponsoring a bunch of kid-friendly walks in area parks
this year through a local hiking group the Appalachian Mountain Club
(AMC membership not required).   The first is March 17th at 9am.  S

Family Hike--Jug Bay to Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary

Take your kids on a walk on the Chesapeake Bay Critical Area Tour
connecting the Jug Bay Natural Area with Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary.
Meet at 9 AM at Selby's Landing parking lot. We'll walk for a couple of
hours (or until the kids tell us) and then picnic at the Patuxent
Visitor's Center. Open to first 6 families. All children must be
accompanied by a parent. For full details, contact leader Steve Glaros
at dsglaros at verizon.net or 301-779-5915.

We did this walk with our daughter who is 1 1/2 years old.  She loved
it.  The path is wide and there is a bridge over the wetlands.  She
didn't want to walk the whole way, so we placed her in a backpack, but
a stroller would work on this trail especially if it is a jogging
stroller.  This is a great walk for kids 10 and under.