[RP TownTalk] good legislatiion

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 14:57:10 UTC 2007

I had an email from our rep Justin Ross about public safety and I was very
impressed with his support of  our police departments.  When I read the
following paragraph, I was shocked that Riverdale Park was not mentioned along with
the other towns.  I immediately emailed Justin and he did reply that he was
sorry for neglecting to mention Riverdale and yes Riverdale Park was part of this.
 Please let your representatives know that you are for this legislation.
Thanks
Following the par. from his email:
Under the current State Aid for Police Protection Fund, each municipal police
department within the state is allocated $1,800 for each full-time sworn
officer within its department.  I have proposed House Bill 611, which would
increase the allocation to $2,400 for each full-time sworn officer in order to
provide much needed additional funding to several police departments in our area
such as Greenbelt, Hyattsville, Berwyn Heights, University Park, and the newly
formed police department of New Carrollton.

You can read more at www.justinross.com

Audrey