[RP TownTalk] Suspicious activities, continued

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Fri Mar 23 13:11:53 UTC 2007

I'll throw my suspicious incident into the mix.

On Saturday, someone knocked on my door.  The "other" man of the  house, my
imposing, loveably ugly, 90 pound bulldawg, launched into action and  barked
madly and continuously.  It backed the man off the front porch and  from the
window I could see the man was suddenly far more concerned that someone  might
actually OPEN the door and let the dog out!!!  AHA!!!  That's  when I know I'm
back in control....

Anyway, the guy said he was "selling" cuts of beef and chicken.  He  had a
white pick up truck with red block lettering that said "beef"   "chicken".
There were open boxes strewn in the bed of the truck that  looked like waxy frozen
meat cases.  I opened the door  just a crack,  told him I was a vegetarian,
but the dogs eat meat (still barking his  head off), smiled, and closed the
door.  He was very diligent and was  SURE the gate was latched when he made it to
the other side.

I thought it very odd that someone would try to sell meat off the back of a
truck (can you say e. coli?) and figured it was just a stolen shipment of
meat,  but who knows, maybe his intentions were different.

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Madison Street