[RP TownTalk] Suspicious activities, continued

Lou King lking at knob.com
Sat Mar 24 16:39:40 UTC 2007

If I am not mistaken, to sell or solicit or peddle door to door in
Riverdale Park a person needs to get a letter/license from the town.  Of
course these "legit" meat sellers have MD tax numbers etc. (Although
they are selling food they still need a tax number.)

The deliver-less-than-ordered or deliver-less-than-invoiced are time
honored trucker/delivery scams. In this case, the meat not delivered is
then sold off the books.  Depending on the relationship between the
truck driver, farmer and firm invoiced the meat may be written off as
lost or damaged or refused. In any case someone gets ripped off.

In my mind this falls in the same category as the  two guys walking
around a few weeks ago 'letting neighbors know we will be making some
noise repairing other's kitchens (oh would you like an estimate?)' or
the guys that pull into my driveway offering to repair you car.

No, I don't like door to door solicitation.

Lou King