[RP TownTalk] suspicious incident

Marc Molino mmolino54 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 25 11:30:35 UTC 2007

We also had a man ask if we wanted to buy any meat--this was probably 4 or 5
weeks ago around 5 pm. It didn't raise my hackles any (other than the fact,
that I don't usually get offered meat while I'm working in the yard).

Almost 2 years ago, our former neighbors behind us at 4800 Riverdale Road
had an incident somewhat similar to Alice's. Coming home late (around 2am)
from her nursing job, the woman of the house, found her driveway blocked by
a parked car, so she parked across the street about half a block away (near
where the new Riversdale Mansion admin building is going up). After getting
out of her car she was jumped by 5 guys, beaten pretty badly, and robbed. We
did not actually find out about the incident until many months later. It
seemed like a relatively isolated incident, but perhaps worth mentioning in
case other cases like this have occurred. A police report and investigation
ensued to the best of my knowledge, but I don't believe they ever found the
culprits.

We've lived here almost 6 years and have never had any property stolen or
tampered with. Occasionally, when I'm taking the trash out, drunks have
approached me looking for a ride home or elsewhere--it always seemed like
they were coming from somewhere close by (maybe S&J's?... it's only a block
from our house and it's the closest bar to us). None of them have seemed
aggressive or like scammers, but I've never given any of them a ride. Our
neighbors across the street have had gas siphoned from their minivan on 2 or
3 separate occasions while it was parked right out on Queensbury in front of
their house.

>From what people our sharing, it seems like continuing to alert the police
to these types of events and taking general precautions (locking your cars,
home windows & doors, and paying attention to your surroundings) will deter
most of these incidents. It's great to have a list like this and be so
easily in touch with one another. Our neighbors all know each other as well,
so we try to look out for one another.

-Marc Molino
4801 Queensbury Rd.

From: ABragg7393 at aol.com
To: lisagrob at verizon.net
CC: towntalk at riverdale-park.org
Subject: Re: [RP TownTalk] suspicious incident
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:35:27 EDT

In a message dated 3/24/2007 7:52:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lisagrob at verizon.net writes:

 > Hi Sue - My husband said the woman was African American, 5'10" and about
 > 140
 > lbs. She was wearing a jean jacket and a hooded sweatshirt, gap in her
 > teeth, short hair pulled back w/red lipstick.
 >
 > I've noticed the police have been on our street a lot.

This sounds just like the woman that came to my door about 5-6 years ago!
She stopped at my house and also my neighbors.  We both called the Riverdale
Park police and they apprehended her almost immediately on the other side of
the
highway.  The guy with the meat stopped by my house as well. Actually 3
different guys with the same spiel.  This has happened every week for the
past 3
weeks.
All residents must call the police as soon as something happens.  They do a
great job.  When the scammers/robbers/thiefs find out that the residents and
police are working together, they will go somewhere else to do their dirty
work.

Audrey

only

For more information about Riverdale Park, visit
http://www.ci.riverdale-park.md.us