[RP TownTalk] Suspicious activities, continued

Dotsie dorothyrow at comcast.net
Tue Mar 27 13:45:28 UTC 2007

Last summer, a guy in a refrigerated truck with a company name on the side came to my door selling meat. I asked for his credentials. They seemed in order so I bought some of the frozen meat at a ridiculously cheap price. Then I looked the company up on the web and it was legitimate. Of course, this is notwithstanding the the leftover meat scam between the driver and the company.

Last week, a guy in an unrefrigerated truck with no company name, just MEAT or something on the side, came by and I closed the door before I barely got "No thanks" out of my mouth. It just had a very different feel to it.

After reading the recent posts here I think I was a bit naive last year, but it turned out well and the filet mignon grilled up great!

Thanks for sharing your experiences, everybody. I am going to have a peep hole put in my door now since I can't tell who is there until I open it right now.

Dotsie Row
48th and Sheridan

From: "CAROL DE PRATO" <tazimax at verizon.net>

I think that man may (or may not) have been legit.  He was in Riverdale Heights trying to sell beef and chicken to my mother (she declined).  Although I didn't think we had traveling salesmen in this day and age.............
Carol DePrato