[RP TownTalk] Car Break-in's and Home Robberies

Brian Boettger brian_boettger at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 21:17:13 UTC 2007

They got our car too Monday night (4800 block Ravenswood). They are not
smart, nor professionals. They didn't break any windows (luckily) but just
pulled on the window till they could get an arm in to unlock the door.
What disturbs me more is that the police said they know who is doing it and
it is "only a matter of time before they catch them." That doesn't sense.
"Crackheads" looking for a quick cash-in was how they were described to me.
Also, they are seem to be very selective about what they go after. There
is/was nothing visable in our car and the doors were locked. We don't keep
anything of value in there. However, parked one car infront of ours was a
nicer kept car that had a high-end stereo and speaker system in plain view
that they seemingly did not go after...?
House robberies have me concerned as well. I haven't seen the 'Honeywell'
guy, but I have seen various "religious" folk canvasing the neighborhood.
Guess I'll have to go the big dog route...