[RP TownTalk] no vote will be taken at the budget hearing

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon May 21 19:49:34 UTC 2007

Roland--Thank you for the information here you've given us that I was not
previously aware of, and which is good to know. The value of this thread
continues to accumulate. However, I'm puzzled a bit by your citing of my
earlier email. What I wrote was "Like some have already said, I think it's
too bad the discussion couldn't have started somewhat sooner -- it does feel
a bit rushed, for something as momentous as this is. But it is good to know
that there are at least a few meetings to go before things are finalized."
You took a piece of that out of context.  I think it misconstrued the
meaning of what I wrote.

And whether we are eventually talking about tax hike of 27% or 18% or even
10%, I think it's fair to say that it is momentous.  I would argue at the
very least that it *should* be seen as such.  I'm not advocating for or
against any particular proposal at this point. As a new homeowner in  the
town, I want and need much more information. That's why I've appreciated and
expressed as much for the current thread(s) we've got going here.  Without
this email list I would know nothing of any of these issues.  It's really
too bad more of our residents don't join in.  But mainly, I'm just saying
that a tax increase of any amount in that range (10 - 27%) is certainly not
inconsequential, is certainly significant, and may be seen by many on tight
budgets as momentous.

--
~~
Map of Riverdale Park MD Trolley Hiker-Biker Trail and Cafritz Property