[RP TownTalk] no vote will be taken at the budget hearing

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Mon May 21 20:10:37 UTC 2007

> Vernon Archer ran for mayor in '05 on a platform or building up our
> town, and was unopposed in '07.   Perhaps someone will run in '09 on a
> platform of cutting police and public works.  In the meantime,
> measured, steady buildup will continue.

That paragraph was intended as a description of Mayor Archer's
policies, and I think it is a fair one.

However, Alice (the councilmember of the family) cautions me off-list
that this reads like an endorsement of a future buildup, that she is
still in the midst of studying the budget, that she is more of a
budget hawk than me, and so on.

So it is a good a time as any to note for the record that Alice Ewen
Walker's opinions are entirely independent from mine.