[RP TownTalk] [Fwd: [NAFEX] CONGRESSES FIRST REACTION TO THE MISSING BEES

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Sun May 27 13:25:46 UTC 2007

The Diane Rehm show had a segment on Colony Collapse Disorder - one
panelist said that there was evidence that the pesticide bacillus
thuringiensis was responsible for the destruction.

I was surprised to hear that, as BT has long been touted as
environmentally friendly, with little or no effect on humans,
wildlife, pollinators, and most other beneficial insects.

Apparently that was wrong.

On a more positive note, the cranberry bushes in my back yard have
been swarming with furry bees! So at least the habitat in our back
yard is preserved.

Thanks Regina, for posting the action alert.

-Sarah