[RP TownTalk] Traffic Calming 101 - Tues 7 pm

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Sat Nov 3 01:07:45 UTC 2007

Speed humps may be OK for some streets, but they are not the only answer!

Want to learn more about traffic calming for our streets? (I do).
What works? What does not? What are the tradeoffs?

Wes Guckert of The Traffic Group will give us answers and
insights this Tuesday evening, Nov 6, 2007, 7 p.m., Town Hall.

Wes Guckert is president of The Traffic Group ( www.trafficgroup.com ) -
a company of "certified professional traffic operations engineers".

The Traffic Group is working with the Cafrtiz developers and at one
of the Cafrtiz meetings, Mr Guckert mentioned that the Traffic Group
offers a free, short (less than an hour) lecture on traffic calming for
municipalities. The RP traffic committee invited him to share this with us.

This is a great opportunity for us to learn from professionals on how
to deal with our increasing and frustrating traffic issues.

I hope to see you there, Tuesday, 7 p.m. Town Hall, (Nov 6).

-Rob Oppenheim