[RP TownTalk] Incidents of crime in the area

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 18:25:03 UTC 2007

RE the crimes in Hyattsville and our surrounding
areas; all you have to do is look at the crime reports
in the Thursday PG County Section of the Washington
Post - I'm always amazed at the large number of
incidents at PG Plaza (listed as 3500 EW Highway in
the reports); not only shoplifting, but car thefts,
thefts of belongings from cars, etc.  No wonder the
police spend so much time there!  And with the
increased development in the entire area, I'm rather
worried that the problem will only get worse and all
of the local jurisdictions will have to spend a lot
more of their budget on crime prevention, additional
officers, etc.  No easy answers I guess, but the
picture isn't very pretty, is it?

By the way, is there a source, whether in a newspaper,
online, etc., where the crimes committed in our town
are reported?  Not the total numbers reported in the
Town Crier, but more along the lines of what's in the
Gazette and Washington Post for the PG Police reports
- the (approximate) location of the crime, and what
happened, that sort of thing?