[RP TownTalk] New Market - old Giant location and question

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 11:47:19 UTC 2007

Good to hear we have a new market in town; I saw the
"grand opening" sign the other day but haven't had a
chance to go in, yet.  Actually, if they put in the
"PanAm" market near St. Bernards' school, won't that
be at least 4 Latin markets in the immediate area?
The new one where Giant was, the "Pan Am," the little
Poblanito market across from McDonalds and Nations'
Bank, also El Superstore down by the Alamo restaurant.
 I enjoy shopping at El Superstore for many things, it
will be interesting to see what the new place has to
offer.  (incidentally, if the PanAm grocery is going
into what was a Poretsky Management building, that
will be kind-of a "full circle" for that building, as
it was originally a Grand Union Supermarket many years
ago.)

By the way, does anyone know of a good Asian grocery
store anywhere nearby?  There's a few in the Wheaton
area but as I don't drive I was hoping there was one a
bit closer.