[RP TownTalk] Fwd: banning plastic bags: victory and defeat

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 14:18:27 UTC 2007

One thing I've been really surprised at watching the traffic to the Wiki,
and what brings readers to the Wiki -- one of the most common routes is via
a search (Google or otherwise) on something to do with reusable bags. Seems
like in the last few weeks there has been at least one of these searches
every day, often more. The good news may be that we're not the only ones
trying to do the right thing and get into the reusable bag habit.  The
*amazing* thing to me is that the "Ideas on Reducing Waste & Recycling More"
page on our Wiki would be so unique that it would rank in the Top Five or
Top Ten.  (That page is listed on the new "Green" page (
http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Green) which is growing but could still use
a lot of help!)

This search from yesterday, for example, was from somebody in Seattle WA
looking for "reusable grocery bags clip to cart".  I don't know that our
site would help them locate those, but we came up 6th in the Google search.
Are there really so few sites out there on this topic?

Referring URL
http://www.google.co...rt&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8<http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=reusable%20grocery%20bags%20clip%20to%20cart&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>Search
Engine
google.comSearch Words
reusable grocery bags clip to cartVisit Entry Page
http://rpwiki.wetpai...Bags/diff/6,7?t=anon<http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Reusable%20Grocery%20Bags/diff/6,7?t=anon>Visit
Exit Page  http://rpwiki.wetpai...Bags/diff/6,7?t=anon<http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Reusable%20Grocery%20Bags/diff/6,7?t=anon>
--
"A budget is a moral document." --Jim Wallis
"Don't tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I'll tell you what