[RP TownTalk] Fire Dept

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 11:05:33 UTC 2007

The various comments regarding our fire dept. are
interesting, if not always comfortable to read.  RE
the comments, user names, etc., on the FD website; I
think it's safe to say that not too many people
outside of the fire dept. or people who aren't
interested in firefighting really go into these
websites - things might be a little "rough" but I
hardly think language or a firefighters' user name
online has much to do with his/her performance in an
emergency.  Firefighters and EMT's should certainly
behave in a professional manner while on calls and, if
they don't, criticism is in order. If you have a
problem w/ our firefighters/EMT's, I'd suggest
contacting the station and having a face-to-face
meeting with senior officers; but picking apart their
website on this forum seems to be more than a little
bit petty (my opinion only).  Company 7 has been a big
part of this town for years - there's even a fire
truck on the town seal!  As has been noted, a lot of
us ARE getting older, and it's a comfort to know that
we have a good fire dept. "right next door" if we have
an emergency.  Yes, there's been a few incidents, but
when it comes to handling emergency situations, our
fire department is on hand 24/7, and they need our
support.