[RP TownTalk] DC Green Festival- SAT & SUN, OCT. 6-7

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 17:15:16 UTC 2007

I thought some of you recycling buffs in town might be interested
this... But go on the 7th, since I know you'll be at Riverdale Park
Day which is on the 6th!

-----

DC GREEN FESTIVAL
Washington DC Convention Center
SAT & SUN, OCT. 6-7
$15.00

You want to be green, but you have questions.

Does buying Fair Trade really make a difference? Can my mutual fund
provide for more than just my future? How can I tell if a company is
honestly green? Can I buy green products at the Green Festival?

At Green Festival you'll find real answers...

Join DC's own Wendy Rieger from NBC News4 and Timberly Whitfield from
Hallmark Channel's New Morning Show to get the scoop on media's impact
on the green movement.

Interested in the latest trends in socially responsible investing (SRI)?
Bennett Freeman from Calvert Investments, as well as experts from Co-op
America, Institutional Shareholder Services, City First Bank of DC and
Washington Community Investment Foundation, will steer you in the right
direction. Or visit the SRI Pavilion anytime during the show!

Stop by the Fair Trade Pavilion to kick-off Fair Trade month, and find
out why Fair Trade coffee, chocolate and bananas are all the rage. Enjoy
the free tastings.

Meet the future during the Creating Change on Campus panel, and see how
students across the nation are tackling some of the most challenging
issues of our time.

Spend the weekend - eat great food - and do all your holiday shopping
early while supporting over 350 green companies!

It's all included with your low-price admission.

Come and celebrate what is working in our communities!

Speakers include...

Ralph Nader - Frances Moore Lappe - Dr. Helen Caldicott - Hunter Lovins
- Amy Goodman - Jim Hightower - Vicki Robbin - Thom Hartmann - Bill
McKibben -Timberly Whitfield - Medea Benjamin - Kevin Danaher - Alisa
Gravitz - Wendy Rieger - Warren Brown - Karen Johns - Michael Dorsey and
100 other visionary leaders....

Special Attractions include . . .
Hands-on workshops include Green Careers - Community and Social
Investing - Greening Your Home & Office - Responsible Travel - Green
Technology and Building - Solar Installations and Green Renovations

And don't miss the Organic Valley Kids' Zone - Organic Beer and Wine
Garden - Organic Dining - Green Festival Bookstore - Live Music Stage -
Community Action Area - Green Film Festival

All at a nearly zero waste event!

Your all-inclusive weekend admission pass is just $15.00!

Order your tickets online at www.greenfestivals.org

Better World Books and Green Festival are partnering to offer $5 off
Green Festival admission to attendees who bring in 3 or more books. Your
donated books will be sold on BetterWorld.com (link) to help fund girls'
scholarships in developing countries in Asia through Room to Read.
www.roomtoread.org

Discounts for seniors, union members, and students

FREE - Children under 12

Conscious Alliance will be taking donations of canned and dry foods in
the lobby.
www.consciousalliance.org

--
Sarah Wayland