[RP TownTalk] Puppies, etc

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 16:30:01 UTC 2007

Thanks for the info on Dan and the puppies; I know the
animals I've seen in his shop have appeared healthy
and happy; I DIDN'T know he was doing all of that
extra work to make sure that they remained that way.
Nice to hear!

As for rescues, etc; while there are some honestly
good and professional rescues out there, based on my
experience and the experience of other people I know,
some do tend to be a bit "holier than thou." A few
years back I wanted to adopt a guinea pig; no shelters
or rescues in PG seemed to have any at the time, so I
tried to adopt through a rescue in Montgomery County;
when I told the "gentleman" who worked there I lived
in PG County, he became downright rude. Now, if he'd
told me right off they had a rule where they couldn't
let animals be adopted outside of Montgomery County,
THAT I could understand.  However, he went on and on
and his entire attitude suggested he thought I would
take the guinea pig home and eat it or do something
else horrible with it.  I could've provided him with a
list of references, including my pets' veterinarian,
who've all known for years that I'm a responsible pet
owner, but he didn't want to hear about that, just
kept harping about me being in PG County.  I realize
rescues want to find the best homes possible for
animals, but unless there was a specific rule that
they couldn't let animals out of the county, I fail to
see why I was treated so badly.  It's too bad, because
I wanted very much to give an unwanted animal a home.