[RP TownTalk] Puppies for sale

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Sat Oct 6 14:09:16 UTC 2007

I'm glad to hear that the pups and kittens are mostly rescues or
incidentals.  It's not a real surprise because you usually have to "order  in bulk" from
brokers/puppy dealers.  If anyone is familiar with Just  Puppies in Laurel,
they receive their puppy deliveries out of the back of  18-wheeler tractor
trailers and crates of 6, 7 and 8 week old babies are off  loaded just like cases
of groceries. It's a seedy business IMHO.

To contrast, Dan is indeed providing a community service of  sorts.  I just
hope those animals are winding up in a good  place.  But as a retailer, and as
a animal business permitted by the  county, it is actually his legally
regulated responsibility to ensure the  constant good health of the animals in his
care, especially the puppies and  kittens, and there are pages and pages of
county code devoted to retail pet  establishments and those requirements.  I have
no doubt that Dan would  choose to anyway, but he is required to by law to be
a good caretaker  of his animals.

Adrianne

Thanks for the info on Dan and the puppies; I know the
animals I've  seen in his shop have appeared healthy
and happy; I DIDN'T know he was doing  all of that
extra work to make sure that they remained that way.
Nice to  hear!