[RP TownTalk] how do you feel about raytheon?

Marc Molino mmolino54 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 01:12:16 UTC 2007

We spend a lot of time debating about the types of businesses we do and don't want in our town. Some of us are so fed up we'll take anything. Some of us believe we can hold out for higher quality. Expanding our taxable base of businesses seems desirable from all sides.

So I was wondering how people feel about the 5th biggest defense contractor (Raytheon) leasing 90% of the old Riggs building?

Here's how they describe themselves on their website (http://www.raytheon.com):
"Raytheon is a technology leader specializing in defense, homeland security, and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning more than 80 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services."

-Marc M.