[RP TownTalk] Balktoberfest

Leslie Plant leslieplant at verizon.net
Wed Oct 10 12:24:50 UTC 2007

Not a PGC event but fun none-the-less if you love Balkan music and it
supports a good cause ~ Search for Common Ground.

Saturday, 13 October 2007

BALKTOBERFEST, Silver Spring, MD

Balktoberfest! <http://www.balktoberfest.com/>  First of its kind in the
Washington D.C. area!

& the World Music Folklife Center <http://wmfolklifecenter.org>

o 15 performing groups representing Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia,
Albania, Bulgaria, Turkey, and the Middle East; coming from as far north as
Maine, as far west as Pittsburgh, and as far south as North Carolina

o All dancing all the time!

o One large 6800 sq. ft. room with a maple dance floor

o Food vending by Middle Eastern Cuisine

o Cash bar serving beer and liquor

o Plenty of room to sit, eat, drink, listen, and of course, DANCE!

o OPET's Balkan Bazaar, The Gypsy's Monkey, among other vendors

o  A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Search For Common Ground to
support their program in Macedonia

o Lots of free parking

o Minutes from the Capital Beltway (I-495) and I-95

o More fun than should be legally permissible!

E-mail info at balktoberfest.com if you have any questions.

Time: 6 pm - 2 am

Location

Hollywood Ballroom <http://hollywoodballroom.com>
2126 Industrial Parkway
Silver Spring, MD 20904
For driving directions, please visit the <http://hollywoodballroom.com>
venue page.

Admission

Please be aware that tickets may only be purchased at the door on the day of
the festival; advance tickets will not be available. Also, cash will be the
only form of payment accepted. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Ticket Prices

Adults (18 and over): $28
Students (with valid student ID): $20
Under 18: $10