[RP TownTalk] What is the Town's policy on selling stuff on your lawn?

Paul Richards paulric at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 15:23:42 UTC 2007

I have noticed the same thing. I can certainly understand that a family that has hit on hard times may need to supplement their income by selling off some things they don't need/use/want anymore, but I've also noticed that this has become a daily business for them. When does a yard sale become a permanent business?

I had also wondered about their parking situation. While they get a lot of exposure from all of the traffic that passes them, neither house has much space for people to park. Could this be adding to the traffic congestion at that intersection?

Now for the big question: Is their business any different from the flower vendors who seem to be at that corner every day (or at least every weekend day)? If we want to do something about one vendor, do we need to do something about ALL vendors in that area? For that matter, is there something that we CAN do about street vendors?