[RP TownTalk] Idle Chatter

cranky old coot lking at knob.com
Fri Sep 7 22:01:20 UTC 2007

How long do I have to leave town to get "my" microscope? Does the two
months I go to Colorado count? If I stay for 3?? Just let me know and I
will /suffer/ through it!  Could I /move/ to the eastern shore for a
couple of weeks this fall?

How many Wi-Fi hot spots do we have in town now?  Any besides S&J?
Every now and then I see calvert_house with their security disabled.
or
When Verizon gets their cable in town why not put the pinch on them to
give everyone a "low speed DSL" i.e. really fast dial-up.  As all you
speed freaks know once you have experienced the difference there is no
going back.  Verizon could us this as a come-on for real DSL or cable
modem or what ever.

Yes I admit to being a speed freak.  Remember back when the rovers first
got to Mars and first started sending those GREAT images back?
(Roland's science connection)  I had dial-up, "that was fast enough."
One night waiting for an image of a rock to download, I figured it took
longer for the image to get from Godard (Greenbelt) to my house
(Riverdale) than it took to get the image from Mars to Godard!  I
ordered DSL the next day. Have never looked back.  Yes there is a
satellite dish in my future for when I'm not home, like any druggy knows
when your hooked, your hooked.

Lou