[RP TownTalk] Vacant Bldgs

Lou King lking at knob.com
Mon Sep 10 15:12:58 UTC 2007

Bruce,
His proposal may be on the table, but its dead.  Last Tuesday the
Council voted to say that they did not want a new gas station on that
corner - that may not be technically correct, but that is the result.
Based on the Multi-use standards "we" want a 3-5 story building on that
corner, built out to Rout 1.  (Yes the standard says 6 story, but it
also says not more than 2 stories higher than the adjacent buildings
(which will be 3 stories).)

The corner that Jays sits on has been identified as a "Gateway" to
Riverdale.  Do we really want a BP gas station on that corner?  And if
you want me to get on my soapbox, we could address the trash and noise
from the late night operation of a gas station like the one on
Queensbury and Rt 1.

But Bruce you are correct, we should be consistent.  We (the town) are
holding our ground with the developers on the Rt 1/410 corner.  Holding
out for multi-story, multi-use, pedestrian friendly development. And I
think we are getting what we want.

As for Pete, he may view his treatment as less than "red carpet."  The
community developed standards for that area included 3 stories.  Pete
wanted 5 stories. There was also an issue of parking.  Again "we" held
out for the standards we have agreed to.

As for rolling out the red carpet, I think Jeys has gotten the same
"carpet" as everyone else.

Lou